Saturday, March 3, 2012

Andrew's 4th Birthday Party

What a celebration!!

This morning, we had Andrew's 4th birthday party at Colonial Park where we had Andrew's party last year as well. Uncle Anh Tuan and I went early to set up while Daddy and Andrew went to pick up the cake and sadly they had to go back to the house for some things that I had forgotten. Boo for me! Anyways, it was fairly windy so setting up was kind of hard. But we did the best we can.

What I had planned for the party was a recreation of the World Grand Prix at Radiator Springs at the end of Cars 2. After researching online, I came across a party where they made cars from cardboard boxes. I had asked Papa to help me make them, but Papa took it upon himself to do most of the work by himself--much to my protest. But he would work on them during the evenings when I wasn't there. But when Andrew and I went down to League City, we would help as much as we could. And Papa did such a phenomonal job on these cars!!

All the kids seem to love racing the cars around the track and some of the adults did too!! I think Andrew took a spin in all the cars especially Lightning, Francesco, Red, and Sheriff. He also played DJ trying to find Real Gone on the CD player over and over again.

We had also set up the bouncey house as the "Cozy Cone Motel" for the younger kids as well as an art table as "Ramone's House of Body Art" where the kids could put on tattoos and color some coloring pages. We also had "Flo's Cafe", which served food and drinks. Ngoai and Papa were kind again to cook eggrolls and some other Vietnamese food for us again.

When it came time for the cake, Andrew had a hard time blowing out the candles again, but he got it in due time.

I deem the party a success except for not taking video of Andrew actually racing. All the kids seemed to have a good time. Andrew had so much fun and didn't want to go home. Even after most of the guests left, he still wanted to play more on the playground with Evan, Max, and Palmer. But he was so tired. We finally got him in the car and headed home. And even though, he kept saying "I want to open his presents first", he conked out on the way and was out for a good nap.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from this morning, but the rest can be found on shutterfly.







No comments: