Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Discover Gymnastics

This afternoon, I took Andrew to Discover Gymnastics for a trial class. Daddy has been wanting to sign Andrew up in order to build up his strength and gross motor skills. At first, Andrew didn't want to go and said he wanted to stay home and play instead. But luckily, I was able to convince him to just try it out one time.

We got there a little early so I could fill out some paperwork so we watched the other classes until his began. He went with the coach quickly and sat down as they started stretching. After he was sitting down waiting for his turn and kept yelling "I love you, Mommy!" Then, it got to be too much and he started crying and ran back to me for a hug. I told him he needed to try the whole class.

He went back and joined the class as they were on a rotation. He did the balance beam and then, he was fine after that. He totally participated and seemed to be having a good time. He did yell at me a few times either "I love you" or "I right back here". I guess so I knew where he was, but no more crying. The kids also did a full swing on bars, hung from the bars, and then climbed on rock wall. Finally, the coach said they could do the ball pit with these foam blocks and Andrew seemed to really like that a lot.

After class, he told me "I did it!" I asked him what his favorite part and he said "I like everything!" I have another gym to try out before we make our decision where to sign up.


No comments: