Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Celebration Part Two

So, today, we had a nice lazy day--something that was very welcomed by Mommy. After breakfast, Daddy was going to take Andrew to the grocery store for some milk and other items so I could have some alone time. But I decided that I wanted to tag along and spend the time with my boys. Then, the three of us took a nap together. I love family naps!!

For my Mom's Day Lunch, I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't want a huge brunch buffet. I was craving Japanese or Italian; I opted for Italian. We went to one of my favorites restaurants, Vincent's. It was pretty packed even at 2:30pm. Andrew was too excited with all the commotion and people. He wanted to go around and check everything out. He made very nice with an older couple sitting next to us; and they were really friendly and gracious to play with Andrew. The food did not disappoint. We ordered this osso bucco, a veal shank, that was so good. Incredible. And Mommy also got one of her favorite desserts (maybe her absolute favorite), tiramisu. Andrew liked the creamy custard layer, but wasn't too fond of the lady finger layer.

Uncle Anh Tuan had come back to our house in the afternoon as well. He and Andrew of course played so cute together when we got back from lunch. Later, Mary Ann and Madison came over to hang out with us as well. James grilled out steaks for dinner and did a really good job with them.

After dinner, we all just played and hung out. We even managed to watch a movie after Andrew went to bed. It was a great way to end a wonderful day. Thanks to Daddy and Andrew for making it special for me! I am so lucky to be the mother to such an amazing little boy!!





No comments: