Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Friends and Family

Today was another fun-filled day for Andrew. We started out the morning meeting some of Mommy's friends from high school since the Wyatts were in town for a wedding. It was great seeing everyone and catching up. It was amazing to see how all the kids have grown since the last time we all were together in November.

After breakfast, we took a nice long nap. After we woke up and had lunch, Andrew and I headed down to League City so we could spend more time with David and Mary Ann. We had an early dinner at the house then later went to my Uncle 10's house for crawfish.

**I should make an aside to explain why I call him my Uncle 10 as I don't think I ever mentioned it before. Many Vietnamese families nickname their kids according to their birth order. However, they always skip #1. I think as Ngoai had tried to explain it to me it had something to do with protecting the firstborn. I guess people would try to kill the eldest child. Whatever the reason, I have always called Papa's siblings by their order of birth. So, my Uncle 10 is the youngest brother and is one of the two of my uncles that came over from Vietnam seven years ago.

Anyways, most of my cousins were outside playing; and Andrew was a maniac wanting to be outside and play too. There was a big RV down the street. Of course, Andrew kept wanting to walk towards it. Andrew also played with some balls and tried to get into rain water unfortunately for Mommy. While inside, Andrew walked around the house trying to get into whatever he could and later, gave us a good show trying to bite into limes.

We had a great time with everyone!!! Andrew was so tired from such a busy day, he fell asleep in the car on the way home and is down for the night.










































































No comments: