Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today, we spent some more time with family. We started with lunch at Uncle 10's house for banh xeo, basically Vietnamese pizza. Andrew didn't take too long to warm up to people; I guess seeing them two days in a row. He played cars and trains and even put on a show dancing for everyone. When it was almost nap time, I took him home and put him down. Happy for my tastebuds, but bad for my waistline, when we woke up, it was time to go to Uncle Hung's and Aunt Hong's house for dinner for another one of my favorites, banh beo, circular rice flour steamed with a shrimp topping. Delicious!! Andrew had too much fun with the dogs again, including David's and Dina's labrador, Mya. So many dogs, too little time!!! He cracked us all up climbing into Daisy's bed with Madison. Then, it was time to go home for night night!

I would like to end with a note about today, Memorial Day. Today, we remember those who have lost their lives serving our country protecting our lives and freedoms. We are forever grateful to these people who so valiantly fought against our enemies. I also want to say thank you to those men and women who are currently serving in our military especially those who are deployed and away from the ones they love and to Uncle Rick, a major in the United States Air Force. Thank you for all that you do!



No comments: