Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thomas Live on Stage

This evening, Andrew and I went on a double date with Aunt Anh and Josh. He has been so excited about this "date" since James and I had been our date and he had asked about when he was going to get to go on a date too. I wasn't sure about taking him still skeptical after the circus fiascos we have had, but I hoped that he would enjoy this more since it was Thomas after all. But he did seem very excited about it asking me when we were going and even earlier today since he knew it was close to time to go.

Anh picked us up so we could all go together, which worked out great. We found parking relatively easily and walked to Jones Hall. As we walked up, we saw Janie and Selene (Uncle David was parking the car). It was so cute to see some other friends there. And they ended up sitting a few rows behind us which was nice because Andrew waved at Selene while we waited for the show to start.

Once the show began though, Andrew was captivated. Both boys were. They sang along and clapped and laughed. I love watching Andrew's expressions on his face. I wish I would have gotten more of them on camera, but I didn't want to disturb him or any of the other patrons. The show was good all things considering. I have to admit I am skeptical about kid shows. But they kept the kids entertained and there was a lot of singing and dancing. Andrew and Josh loved seeing the trains on stage, but they both asked why there weren't more trains like Gordon or Henry. But they didn't seem to really mind all that much because they seem to really enjoy the show anyhow regardless of how many trains were there.

After the show, Andrew kept asking when we could go again. Hopefully, there will be another show in the near future so he won't have to wait so long for another date!!








No comments: