Saturday, February 27, 2010

World Championship BBQ

Today, we went to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo for the World Championship BBQ. Aunt Amanda, Daddy, and I headed down in two separate cars so that Andrew and Daddy could leave early so that Aunt Amanda, Aunt Monica (who would be meeting us later after she got off work), and Mommy could hang out for the late evening festivities.

Anyhow, we had to park a little far from Reliant Park, but lucky for Andrew, we got to ride a bus to the fairgrounds. He loved it!! Once we got the rodeo, we walked around and checked out everything. We were a little hungry so we got some fried cheesecake and fried tiramisu! Delicious. I thought I would like the tiramisu better, but I actually liked the cheesecake one more. But both were yummy! Can't get better than fried sweets!

As we continued to walk around, we came upon a ride that Andrew could ride--a train! We had to wait in line for about ten minutes. Luckily, Andrew was cooperative. I never know how he will behave in lines! But finally, it was our turn. He had a blast. Then, we walked over to an area where you could see some horses (the petting zoo wasn't open this weekend). Andrew did a great job petting them. Everyone was so nice and generous about touching theri animals.

Afterwards, we headed back to the barbeque tents for some grub. The food was good and free. What more could anyone ask for!? Andrew ate some...mainly bread go figure. Then, it was time for him and Daddy to head back to go home. I was excited about getting to hang with Amanda and Monica, but I have to admit that I was a little sad to see Andrew and Daddy go. As much as I love my alone time, there is always a part of me that yearns to be with Andrew. Sometimes, I even miss Andrew when he's sleeping. Like right now, he's sleeping upstairs; and I feel as though something is missing. I feel a little different that I am not watching him do whatever it is he's doing. I kind of wonder if that feeling will ever go away.

Anyhow, I digress. So, after they left, Aunt Amanda and I had some time to kill before Monica was due to arrive. We end up going on a ride...one of those big slides. It was a lot of fun!! It actually went faster than I thought it would. I deliberately slowed myself down a bit too!

I had received a text from Monica saying that she had left work and was en route to the rodeo, but then I hadn't heard from here in a while. Definitely enough time has passed for her to get there. Neither Amanda nor I could get a call or text through to her and we hadn't predetermined meeting spot because we really didn't know of a place to set as one. Amanda and I decided we would head back to the tent and wait for her there. And finally, about after twenty minutes, we finally got a text from her saying that she was back at the tent. We rushed over as quick as we could and sure enough, we run into Uncle Leighton, Aunt Lori, and a couple of our friends. It was too funny and unbelieveable considering how many people there were and how many tents there were! But we didn't stay too long with them because we had to go find Monica.

Well, we made it back to the tent and quickly found Monica. Then, we got in line for Monica to get some food. As she ate, we talked and drank. Then, there was a little bit of dancing even! It was fun to hang out with my girls!!

By that time, the evening concert was about to start. We headed over to the stage area and waited for James to take the stage. I only knew one of their songs, Laid, which I love, so I was happy when they sang it. Otherwise, the rest of their songs weren't too bad either. Then, we headed back to the truck to go home.

We all had a great time! I can't wait to take Andrew again next year. I can't wait for Andrew to be old enough to do all the cool things at the rodeo. I hope he will love it as much as I do! And thanks to Aunt Marie and Uncle Charles for the tickets!! We totally appreciate it!





























No comments: