Friday, February 5, 2010

Moms' Night Out

Tonight, after we put Andrew to bed, I snuck out for a little Moms' Night Out. Jean (a/k/a Emily's mom) was celebrating her birthday at Reef. I had told her I would try to meet them out as soon as I could get away. And of course, Andrew took longer than usual to fall asleep (more on that to come later).

Anyhow, I made in time for my favorite part...dessert! And then we just sat and talked like normal women. Yes, our conversations did divert to kids every once in a while (or a little more than that), but it was nice to be with friends, old and new, and just gab. It was also a real treat getting to eat in peace while not to having to worry about watching over Andrew for a meal.

Happy Birthday, Jean! Thanks again for inviting me to celebrate it with you!




No comments: