Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Bright Side

Well, I am sad to say that I blog with a heavy heart tonight. Thanks to the current economic conditions, I was laid off from my job at Deloitte today. James and I had actually discussed how either of us could be laid off at any time and what that would do to our current economic conditions and what our backup plan would be. So, in the back of my head, I was kind of preparing myself for it just in case. But to have it actually happen is still surreal to me. Even though I am sad, I try to keep my spirits up by telling myself things could always be worse and that something good comes out of everything. I am reminded of Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side on Life".

Some of my silver linings: 1) I get to spend more time with Andrew (that's like a platinum lining right there); 2) I was able to learn a lot from my two years at Deloitte; (3) I was fortunate to meet some exceptional people that I hope to keep in touch with; and (4) maybe something even better will come along.

I know that with the economy the way it is with no end in sight and with the holiday season upon us, the job market is still up in the air. Hopefully, some of my connections in my Houston or accounting or law networks can help. However, in the meantime, I will enjoy my severance package and hope to find a new job in 2009!

I don't have any new pictures from today to share, but I am including one from a week ago of my favorite two men. As long as I have them, there is always a bright side!!

No comments: