Sunday, August 10, 2008

Even More Visitors

On Monday evening, we welcomed even more visitors. Papa's cousin once removed, Di (aunt in Vietnamese and pronounced like /yee/) Xuan and her son, Vu, came from Sydney, Australia. So, that makes Di Xuan and I second cousins and Andrew and Vu third cousins. Cool, huh?

Their visit begin with a rocky start with Tropical Storm Edouard coming in. James and I didn't have to go into the office, which was nice. It reminded us of the good ole ice days at UT. We got some heavy rain and heavy winds, but nothing too severe. We were very fortunate.

Anyhow, it was incredible meeting more family and especically with them living so far away. My parents had visited them years and years ago when I was in high school. I had seen pictures and heard about them, but it was nice finally seeing them in person and getting to know them. They left this morning for San Francisco. I wish we could have spent more time with them, but know we can't hog them to ourselves.

The pictures below are: 1) Vu, Papa, Di Xuan at Space Center Houston on (I didn't go, but I loved this picture; 2) a bunch of the cousins at Kemah Boardwalk taken Friday night.*

*My cousin's boyfriend is supposed to send me this picture, but hasn't yet. When he does, I will amend the post.

**Update: I have added the picture of the gang below.


No comments: