Saturday, August 30, 2008

College Gameday

Oh, the world is once more right again. College football is upon us. Saturday mornings used to mean sleeping in (or later than normal) and watching College Gameday {Mommy has missed Kirk Herbstreit}. Then, we would would spend most of the day watching whatever games and especially the UT one.

But today, we didn't get to watch as many games as we would have liked. We barely watched any really. But I guess that is what happens when you have a kid. You don't get to do as much as what you used to like to do in your "former life." I am definitely okay with this sacrifice--for now, anyways. But Andrew will be taught early on to watch football or entertain himself while Mommy and Daddy watch some. Sounds good in theory, but in reality...not so fast, my friend.

But we did give it a good ole college try in our attempt to watch the Longhorns opener. After dinner at Aunt Hong's and Uncle Hung's house, we drove over to a local "family" sports bar to see if they were showing the UT game as it was on Pay Per View. Well, they didn't have it. We were going to drive over to Buffalo Wild Wings, but Drew was crying in the car seat (no surprise there). Since the Longhorns were putting the hurt on Florida Atlantic, we just drove home and got updates from espn.com.

Here's are some pictures of my little Longhorn with Uncle Anh Tuan's cap and of him hanging out with Cousin Mary Ann. I don't know why my flash didn't go off on the last picture, but I still like it. I guess I am going to have to try to do some photoshopping.

We were so happy to have them visit this weekend, especially Drew. Uncle Anh Tuan, thanks so much for driving in early and watching him on Friday. MaryAnn, thanks for hanging out with us and being our shopping companion.




1 comment:

Mary-Ann Hoang said...

Yay I think I finally figured out how to leave a friggin comment. Awww, I already miss Drewy drooling all over my leg. =( I miss you little baby!!