Thursday, September 20, 2012

Papa's Back

Papa was originally scheduled to come back to Houston the afternoon of Friday, September 21st. But due to some rearranging and good fortune, he was able to fly back directly from his business trip in Germany last night around midnight. We had been telling Andrew the whole week that Papa was coming home this weekend. But when we found out about the change in flight, I thought we would surprise Andrew this time (last time we told my dad that Andrew wasn't going to come to the airport because it was so late at night, but he was surprised to see Andrew in the car when we picked up).

My mom drove up Wednesday evening and we didn't say anything about her and I going to pick up my dad last night. They slept over; and when Andrew woke up the next morning, I sent him down to go see Ngoai.

After making his way downstairs, he jumped on the bed and started talking to Ngoai. He then finally notices a lump on the other side of the bed and says "What's this?" and starts moving the blanket. My dad pops out from under the blanket and yells "Surprise!!" Andrew was beyond shocked. He was so happy he was kicking his feet...literally.

Can I just say again that I love how much they love each other and how close they are.

Silly me, I didn't take any pictures or videos this morning (I just ran down after Andrew and didn't think to grab the camera), but here is one of Andrew and Papa back from our Christmas photo shoot.




No comments: