Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stephanie's Graduation Ceremony

This evening, we headed out to Avernia University for Stephanie's graduation ceremony. Nonna, Auntie Anita, and Mrs. Gonzales drove out early to save seats for everyone so we had a pretty good view of the ceremony.

Andrew was pretty calm during the gradation. He played Angry Birds on his iPad pretty much the whole time. I did stop him during the prayer and national anthem though.

After the ceremony, we headed to the dinner hosted by the school at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Andrew was so anxious to see Stephanie and kept asking where was she and looking around the room. I asked if he wanted to draw her a graduation card and he did complete with a cap and tassel without any prompting from me.

Stephanie came over to see us and Andrew gave her a big hug and his card. He was so proud of it and even more happy just to see her. It was so sweet. After dinner, we headed home for bed.

I have to say today was pretty emotional for me. I didn't need a reminder about turning 36 and feeling old anyways, but watching Stephanie graduate definitely made me feel old. I still remember meeting her at her third birthday party in San Antonio. I have watched her grow up from a little precocious girl into an amazing young lady. And I am so constantly in awe of the intelligent, kind, and beautiful person that she is. I am also proud of her getting accepted and attending Pitt next year. I can't wait to see what this next chapter in her life brings. I love you so much, Stephanie!!




















No comments: