Monday, May 28, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

So, I had been growing out my hair for awhile, but was getting kind of tired of it. But I had the thought to grow it out so I could donate it to Locks of Love as a gesture for my two aunts that had lost their hair and sadly later, their lives to cancer. Funny enough, Aunt Anh Thu was doing the same, but neither of us knew about the other one doing it!! Anyways, she had done some research and was donating her hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. So, I decided to do the same.

So, my mom and I have been watching the length of my hair (especially me since I was getting weary of it being soooo long). She finally thought it was long enough, so this morning, we headed for her shop. For Pantene, the minimum length is 8 inches. She put my hair in a ponytail and measured it again. She said she was going to cut it as much as possible just sure to make sure we had enough. Well, it turned out that it was over 9.5 inches!!

It's still really strange for me to have this short of hair. It is going to take some getting used to. I haven't had it this short since maybe high school!!! But it's for such a good cause I am so glad to have done it. And now I know that I can do it again in the future.

Here is the before and after photos:


No comments: