Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Genetic Study

Dr. Lalani asked if I would be willing to participate in her study about my deletion of the chromosomes. She told me that of all the participants that were involved in her study, I was the only one that is homozygous. I really want to help especially if it could help children in the future so I happily agreed to participate. And it's kind of nice to think that Andrew's speech delay might have been genetic.

For my involvement, I only needed to go in for an MRI, which was done last week. I dropped Andrew off at Rice so that James could take him swimming while I had my appointment at TCH.

I so ended up falling asleep in the MRI. It's all warm in there and with the rhythmic noises, I must have been out in like thirty minutes.

Anyways, Dr. Lalani emailed me some images from the MRI today and said it looked consistent with the other participants in the study. She is looking for white spots which she has put arrows on the MRI to point them out.



No comments: