Saturday, February 21, 2009

52 Weeks Later

For Christmas, Daddy got Mommy a docking station for her iPod so she and Andrew can listen to music downstairs. Tonight, Mommy played a playlist that she made specifically for the hospital. Basically, some tunes to help Mommy relax...a little Depeche Mode, some Enya, etc. I will just say the playlist is entitled "Easy Listening"; and we will leave it at that.

Anyhow, it got me to thinking. It was exactly 52 weeks ago tonight that I played this playlist in the hospital. 52 weeks ago tonight, Andrew came into our lives (well, he started to make his way into our lives, but didn't make the grand entrance until several hours later). I, of course, tell Daddy what tonight marked. So, we started talking about that night at hospital--again. It's funny because it doesn't matter that we have talked about so many times over the past year, but we don't seem to mind talking about it one more time. ;) Probably because it was such an amazing night.

James and I talked about how fast the year has gone by and how much Andrew has grown. We talked about how he used to just lay there and sleep and nurse and poop and pee...and my, how those days are over. We have such an active little boy going nonstop anywhere and everywhere. Where did our little baby go?

I now sit here and watch him sleep and am amazed about what the past year has been like and what it has meant to me. I pretty much wanted kids and to be a mom for as long as I can remember. And now that I have a child, it has been everything I imagined and so much more. I always knew that motherhood would be incredible and so fulfilling, but it is beyond my wildest dreams. I am so lucky!!

Andrew, I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you...well, I fell in love with you the moment we found out I was pregnant...and I fell in love all over again hearing your heart beat...and I fell in love all over again seeing you on the ultrasound monitor. But I was completely head over heels in love with you when I held you that fateful day. And 52 weeks later, I love you more than words can ever describe; and my love for you continues to grow more and more each day. You are my and your daddy's world!

This was taken earlier today of our 52 week old (on a side note, you can still see the bruise from the fall):

No comments: