Thursday, September 25, 2008

FWA

FWA is my new favorite acronym and stands for Flexible Work Arrangement. I had initially asked to go on a FWA when I returned from maternity leave, but was asked by my partner to come back full time for 2-3 months to be staffed on a project as our group was swamped. As the project neared completion, we re-discussed my request, which was fortunately approved. However, my partner asked that I remail full time until the 09/15 deadline. Well, since this week was the first day of a new pay period, my FWA officically began yesterday. I will be working at a 60% workload, typically Tuesdays through Thursdays.

However, it is never as simple as just working those three days. So, if I need to work on a Monday or Friday, I have the ability to move around my hours. For example, I was supposed to have Monday off, but I opted to switch and work Monday to have Tuesday off to take Andrew to a doctor's appointment. After the doctor's, we met Ngoai at the grocery store, came home to eat lunch, played, napped in the "prison", and Mommy even cooked dinner for everyone.

Well, today was my second official day off of my FWA. Drew and I slept in. Then, we ate breakfast. The little guy ate a whole jar of mangos with a little oatmeal cereal and then the rest of a leftover jar of mixed cereal with bananas and apples. I guess sleeping in made him really hungry! The rest of the day we spent playing, sleeping, and all the other usual stuff. And then Mommy had extra time tonight to upload pictures so she could catch up on blogging. :)

It was a really great day; and I am so thrilled to have this opportunity where I get to keep my job, but also stay home with Andrew more. I know I am going to love having two more days with him.

The following was taken this afternoon while we were playing upstairs. Check out the string of drool.


2 comments:

Mary-Ann Hoang said...

Haha thats funny. I just had a chance to go through the pics and videos. He looks like he's having so much fun and learning so quickly to stand up and swim like he ain't afraid of nobody! Lol. Miss ya'll!

The Boos from Booville said...

Yea for your new work schedule! I'm happy for you guys!