Friday, October 17, 2008

California Cousins

Andrew and Mommy headed down to League City this morning because Mommy's cousin Y (or Ben via his American name) came to Houston for a visit with his wife, Duyen, and 4 year old son, Brandon. I had timed the drive down around Andrew's first nap and left here around 9:15am. He was tired and got a little fussy, but fell asleep about halfway through our ride.

Y and his family came a little after noon, but didn't stay long as they were going to eat with my other aunts and uncles. They were going to come back for dinner later that evening. So, after a training call for work, Andrew and I played and then took a fat nap (2 hours for Andrew and 1 hour for Mommy). When I woke up, he was still laying on my arm. I didn't want to wake him; so, I watched TV for the next hour until he finally woke up. I love when he wakes up and looks around then looks at you with a smile.

By then, it was nearing dinner time. Papa was grilling steaks...yummy! Y and the crew (wife, son, and 3 of my other cousins) arrived. We played out in the backyard since most little kids love my mom's koi pond. Brandon was initially shy, but finally came out of his shell. I also got into his good graces for showing him the toy chest upstairs where he found a few toys to his liking. He is such a cute kid; and I love how he speaks Vietnamese!!

Well, it was getting late and about time for the little guy and me to head back home and see Daddy. I am sad to report that he cried a good 20 minutes of the ride until falling asleep. :( Next time, I think I best wait and time it with another nap or bedtime! I don't know why our son doesn't like the car seat. Some days, he gets better, but other days, it is like it was tonight and just plain miserable.

It was so great seeing my cousin and his family. I absolutely adore Y and his two older brothers...my California Cousins, which is how I refer to them sometimes. We don't get to see them near enough. I told him that the Lenzes will have to make a trip to California (and Disneyland) soon.

Some pictures from a really great day...

Andrew plays with one of his gifts from Y and his family:














Cousins Brandon, Nga, Vanna, and Anh:


















Brandon, Sydney, and Duyen:














Y and Brandon:


















Brandon making a funny face:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Keep blogging.


Good luck