Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh, What a Weekend!!

Oh, what a weekend it has been!! Actually, the whirlwind began Wednesday night with Uncle Anh Tuan coming in from Austin. Then, the three of us picked up the Armstrongs at the airport Thursday morning where Andrew got to meet his Aunt Anh Thu, Uncle Rick, Cousins Cara, Emma, and Brennan. We spent the rest of the day in League City, but came back up to Houston to meet one of Anh Thu's friends from college and Daddy for dinner. Then, Cara and Emma spent the night with us, which was something I had been asking to do for years now! Brennan didn't partake in the sleepover because he didn't want to...he just wanted his Uncle Anh Tuan.

On Friday, we headed back to my parents' house and later that evening, we had a crawfish boil, which was a surprise belated birthday party for Anh Tuan (May 5th) and an early one for James (May 17th). Nonna, Granddad, and Uncle John were able to drive in on Friday and attend the party as well. It was so much fun and so much good food!!

Then, Saturday morning, we had Andrew's baptism, which we were so fortunate to pull off on such short notice thanks to Father Cargill (who married my sister and Rick and baptized Rick and the kids) and St. Mary's Catholic Church. Andrew was funny during the baptism as he decided to have a conversation with James during the ceremony. Afterwards, we had a reception at my parents' house. More good food thanks to Ngoai and Papa. James later took his family back up to Houston to settle in and hang out. However, Andrew and I stayed behind for Brennan's 3rd birthday party at 4pm. It was a great party; and Brennan was an adorable birthday boy! Next, we headed up back to Houston and met James, Nonna, and the Gonzales family at Dave & Buster's. There, Mommy got hooked on a trivia game while Drew slept through the noise and lights! After that, we went back to the apartment with Nonna, Stephanie and Thomas to catch some ZZZs.

On Sunday morning, we attended mass; and Andrew did much better this time only making a few sounds and falling asleep towards the end. After church, we had Mother's Day brunch at Ruggles Grill. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera (my memory is so terrible) so I didn't get any pictures there. Boo for me! :( Then, we came home and took a nice long nap.

It was an amazing weekend with family and friends. A.J. really did great with everything going on and the long days and nights. James and I feel so blessed for him, our family, and our friends, especially me on my first Mother's Day. I have an incredible little boy who I love so much. I am so lucky to be his mommy. My first one was crazy busy, but really great. How are we going to top it next year?!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!!

Here's a slideshow from the weekend...

No comments: