Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy 4th Anniversary

Four years ago today, James and I took our vows and became husband and wife. In one way, it seems like yesterday that we were in Lake Tahoe with family and friends starting our married life; but in another way, it seems like an eternity ago.

I don't need a day every year to know how blessed I am to have a wonderful husband. But every anniversary, I do reflect upon my life with James and the love we share. And today is no different. I think about what the last four years have brought us and how much our lives have changed. We have since gained new family including a niece and nephew, new friends, new adventures, and new memories. Then, I think about just what the past year has brought us. We have gained a new degree, a new career, more friends, more adventures, more memories, and of course, Andrew. But this year, I think this anniversary is even more special in that we celebrate it with our most special gift. He is truly a testament of our love.

I know I am incredibly lucky because James is still a wonderful husband and best friend, but he also such an amazing father. I always knew he would be. James jokes that he wouldn't have married me if I didn't like sports, but I joke that I wouldn't have married him if he didn't like kids.

So, what might we be doing to celebrate you might ask? Well, we deliberated having my parents babysit while we go to a nice romantic dinner. But we opted to stay in and have a quiet meal here with Andrew. Maybe later, we will have that night by ourselves and celebrate again. But for now, we are happy it just being the three of us tonight.

Happy Anniversary, James! Thank you for marrying me and giving me your love and support all these years. I love you so much!

To commemorate the occasion, I am including our wedding slideshow and another one of our lives since then. I assume it's still blurry, but the higher quality slideshow are too big and cumbersome to post.


1 comment:

Tse Family said...

Awwww. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. I just got a chance to watch your videos. So great. Earlier when I started one of them Sarah was bopping her little head along to Baby Love.
Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you guys!