Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

We had a wonderful day down in League City with our family and friends. We had quite a turnout this year which provides for lots of love and lots of laughs. Uncle Thuan and most of kids (Brandon was in Dallas with his mommy) and most of their significant others joined us this year, which was really nice. We spent so many Thanksgivings with their family and it was very special to do it again after too many years passed. We also had Uncle Hung, Aunt Hong, Mary Ann and Scott over as well. We were also joined by Uncle 10 and his family. Aunt Monica also came over since her parents were in India for the holidays. And of course, there was our family and Uncle Anh Tuan too.

So, Papa and Ngoai pretty much had to feed an army. We had two deep fried turkeys and a whole bunch of sides. It was a massive menu!! So delicious. Especially the turkey. I pretty much wait all year for deep fried turkey and it totally lived up to the anticipation. And I think Andrew must have eaten like six cresent rolls on his own!

After eating, the elders engaged in their normal conversation. The younger crowd (any one under the age of 40 pretty much) hung out in the living room. We played some card games and engaged in our normal conversations as well.

Later in the afternoon, we decided to get some exercise and some fresh air so we headed to a nearby park with a playground for Andrew and basketball courts for the rest. Andrew had lots of fun on the playground and he also kicked around the soccer ball on the fields. He really got into kicking into the big full sized goals too.

Afterwards, we just hung out at the house some more until the UT-A&M game came on. Then, it was all about the Longhorns. And what a game and finish it was!! Crazy way to end a grand ole tradition. Just glad we got the last win!! Go Horns!!! \m/

In closing, I am truly very thankful for so many things. These few months have been the hardest in my life, but I still know I have much to be thankful for. I am forever thankful for my family especially James, Andrew, and Matthew. I am thankful for being Matthew's mother and spending what time I had with him. There were times that were hard for me today--I missed him a lot today and I yearned that he could be here with us. But I am blessed with an amazing family and extended family and dear friends that made it a little less difficult.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.

Below are some pictures from today. More are posted on shutterfly.

















No comments: